Women On Air Inaugural Conference - Book Now
Top speakers to address these questions: “Do we need a representative media?” “Who is shaping our view of the world?” Are you a female business professional or expert in your field? Or a professional man/woman interested in radio and TV? Then you will be interested in Women on Air's conference this Monday, May 12 at Dublin Castle. Women from the world of media, business, politics and tech are getting together to ask "Do we need a more expert women's voices in the media?" and "Who is shaping our view of the world.
WHO: Top national and international broadcasters. Role models from the worlds of politics, law, technology and business
WHAT: Half-day conference, followed by networking lunch
WHERE: St George’s Hall, Dublin Castle, Dublin 2.
WHEN: Monday 12th May 2014. 8.30 am to 1.30 pm (lunch 1.30 pm)
TICKETS: Approx €56 (£45.50 plus 79p payment fee)
When you book a WOA ticket you're eligible to take part in the WOAexpert video and photo project on Twitter and YouTube. Please email email@example.com to book your session in Dublin City Centre between now and May 11.
Among the participants:
- Pat Rabbitte TD, Minister for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources
- Áine Lawlor, RTE
- Ursula Halligan, TV3
- Maggie O'Kane, the Guardian
- Sam Smyth, journalist and broadcaster
- Una Mullally, journalist and broadcaster
- Katie Orenstein, Op ED Project, New York
- Audrey Carville RTE
- Anne O'Dea, CEO siliconrepublic.com
- Niamh Gallgher/Michelle O'Donnell Keating, founders Women For Election
- Úna ní Raifeartaigh SC Celene Craig, Deputy CEO, Broadcasting Authority of Ireland
MEDIA COVERAGE OF THE CONFERENCE SILICON REPUBLIC - Dublin Conference to help boost women's voices in media
WOMEN ON AIR - Press Release